1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss lights

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Lee Vitalone, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Lee Vitalone

Lee Vitalone Member

So I replaced the motor, had it rebuilt, the stud broke off and it burned out-works great now. tough part was lining up the pump connecter. old bearing got stuck in pump, had pulled out, easy peasy.
    So now the old owner was a slob and had tape all over the wiring. my plow headlights were going out, so I re did the sloppy connecting job with proper connectors now I have parking lights and no headlights. any one know what color wire is for lights?

2. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

3. Ieatsno

Ieatsno Junior Member

Boss uses a terrible ground system, you may want to check those tabs in the housing to make sure they are clean and not loose where they are riveted to the housing support

4. Lee Vitalone

Lee Vitalone Member

I had been advised on this by the motor re builder. He did a great job on the motor, he cleaned it all up and I used a srcew for ground nice and tight. saved me a couple hundred $$. He did say the the Bosch motors are the best for the application, that after market motors cannot stand up to the cycles. anyway, the lights were shorting out, by a bad connection. I took all the effing tape off- ( For all that is common sense-never use tape! Use a proper splice connector!) It seems to be the yellow wire, but it's been so cold I have not had the chance yet to mess with it. This guy was a cobber, he just jury rigged everything, but got the plow for $500.00, needs a new ram, and wiring fix. This summer I'll have it sand blasted and painted up making it worth more $.