1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss lights issue

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 07PSDCREW, Oct 10, 2013.

1. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Hey all, I have a 2010 f 150 in my bay. Cust complained that the low beams are inop. It has a boss relay light setup in it with a plow/truck flip switch on the dash. Every time I turn the headlights on, the low beams go on for a split second and go out. I turn the switch back off to "reset" and turn them back on and same thing, they go on then off. I disconnected the plow side adapters and put the truck side plug directly to the lights and they work fine... Any ideas? Im just not familiar with boss relay setups so any help is great....Thanks
  2. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

The problem is most likely a connection issue between the OEM and the BOSS headlight adapters. The trucks module is detecting a poor connection, which causes it to shut down the LOW beam circuit. We have solved this issue by improving our headlight adapters, eliminating this poor connection.

I suggest contacting your local BOSS dealer and getting a new set of MSC09993 headlight adapters for this truck. Make sure the plastic connector that ties into the OEM is GREEN in color. This should correct the problem.
  3. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

I appreciate the answer sir. I am just the Ford Mechanic...I did not own this truck. I eventually found the issue. There was a 3 wire plug adapter that's part of the wiring kit from boss. It had a half moon shape connector that had no clips holding the two together. The plugs just slid together/friction fit, they were blue/gray color. If I squeezed them together, the lights worked fine. So I chopped the connectors and hard wired them per customer, with solder, a metal crimp and weatherproof shrinkwrap. All good.