1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss lights issue for 2004 Dodge Ram

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by lakesidehi, Nov 17, 2009.

1. lakesidehi

lakesidehi Junior Member
    from Canada

I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 with a Boss 7'6" poly straight blade (RT3) with 11 pin connector. The main lights on my truck work, the signal and parking lights on both the truck and the plow work. The daytime running lights on the truck and the plow headlights don't work. Any ideas?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It isn't a plow issue it's a truck issue. Could be a failed DRL module, light sensor or a combination of things.

3. lakesidehi

lakesidehi Junior Member
    from Canada

I just had the plow put on so it is a new problem since the plow installation. Thanks

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

its a new install and they used an 11 pin harness??? Bad idea on an '03-up Dodge.

5. lakesidehi

lakesidehi Junior Member
    from Canada

should they have converted to a 13 pin? will that potentially resolve issues?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They most certainly should have used a 13 pin. The 11 pin can cause issues with the very very sensitive headlamp systems on the '03-newer Dodges.

7. lakesidehi

lakesidehi Junior Member
    from Canada

Thanks very much for your help...i will have to go after them to fix this issue...it's funny because they initially talked about converting to a 13 pin and then didn't