1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Light wiring

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by cbdart, Sep 3, 2009.

1. cbdart

cbdart Junior Member
    from MN

Just picked up a 99 chev 2500 with a Boss plow . Dont know model,but it is a 11 pin connecter.The guy before me took the plow off a ford & put it on the chevy. He couldnt get the truck lights to work right. He disconnected the high beams on the truck so there is only low beams but the dash light high stays on . Do I need a new adapter, harness or is the wiring just messed up ?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

As long as no one butchered the wiring you just need the correct head light adapters for the Chevy. Which is also likely the reason the last owner couldn't get the lights to work correctly, because he was attempting to use the Ford's adapters on the Chevy.

Adapters are headlight style specific.

3. cbdart

cbdart Junior Member
    from MN

Thanks, It looks like everything is pluged in,no cut or spliced wires,but your saying the adapters by the headlights are wrong?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Correct. You need to have the correct plug in adapters for the type of light the truck has, such as HB3, 2B1 just for example.

Which style does your truck have, sealed beams or composites? I can give you the correct Boss p/n for them.

5. cbdart

cbdart Junior Member
    from MN

The truck doesnt have sealed beams, 2 lights each side.
    Thanks

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Then you need the MSC03448 adapters which should then restore correct headlight operation. Also, don't hesitate to double check/clean all the other various electrical connections as well. Including on the rear of the light toggle switch etc. Should be good to go then.

7. cbdart

cbdart Junior Member
    from MN

I will do that,thanks for your advise

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Happy to help, and good luck with the repair. :waving:

9. noble@esitrucks

noble@esitrucks Member
    from 20181