1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Light Problems on '09 Ford F250

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Park City Plow, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Park City Plow

Park City Plow Junior Member

I just wired up a 2009 Ford F250 for a Rt3 Straight Blade. The plow hydrolics are working fine, I am having issues with the lights though. When the plow is connected I have all lights working on the plow side except the blinkers. When the plow is disconnected I have lost the drivers side headlights on the truck side. No Left high or low beam. If I disconnect the harness and go back to factory all truck lights work properly. Can anyone point me in the right direction for trouble shooting this problem?

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

3. Park City Plow

Thanks Buff, I have looked through the manuals for the past week and tried to trace all the connections and wires but have not had any luck yet.

4. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Did you use headlight adapters or cut/spice wiring?
    I'm sure you've checked grounds, etc...

5. ktfbgb

ktfbgb Senior Member

I was just gonna say did you get the right light modules? I don't have boss but I would assume that it would be similar across brands. They have a couple different modules. One for regular headlights and one for the HID lights. When I had my plow installed the put in the wrong module and lights were all kinds of crazy. Put the correct module in and everything worked just fine.

6. Park City Plow

I did check all the grounds and they are good. I bought a new light adapter kit for the 09 F250 and have now verified the part number.