1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Leaves Trail

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by northernsweeper, Dec 20, 2005.

1. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

I am wondering if anyone has ever made or bought something to get rid of the center trail, left in the scoop mode, on the RT2 boss 9'2" Vee? It drives me nuts.If anyone has a good solution to the problem,I would love to hear it.I don't use shoes though tried running with the center one and that doesn't seem to help.:drinkup:

1993 k3500 6.5 td 810 blizzard
    1997 k3500 7.4 9'2" boss

2. northernsweeper

Thanks,looks like as good of option as any.Guess I will try it and see.:)

3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm not 100% sure if they make the new cutting edges for a 9.2, but I just put them on my 8.2 and they work like a charm.

They completely get rid of the need for that rubber "hoof" in the middle.

4. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

RT-II's dont have a center hoof.

In the scoop mode, you shouldn't be leaving ANY snow trail on ANY BOSS V-plow regardless of hoof or no hoof.

5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

See?? I'm new to Boss' this year. Sorry for showing my ignorance. :cry:

6. northernsweeper

Thanks guys.Just put on new edges.TLS,I will let my plow know it shouldn't be doing what its doing:drinkup:

7. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

If it's leaving snow when in the scoop position, something is bent, or your edges aren't installed properly. There should be no considerable gap at full SCOOP postion.

8. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

LOL:waving:

The new Fancy cutting edge with the curb guard and the Fancy center section will not fit on the older RT II, sorry!!
    I leave on the center shoe (it's raised all of the way up) it seems to block some of the trail, It really it not that much snow left behind.
    Some have used a chunk of belting to bridge the gape.