1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss labor Price check on swap.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by punt66, Aug 31, 2011.

1. punt66

punt66 Junior Member
    from CT

I am dropping my new 2500 off at the plow dealer next wednesday. He is installing a new undercarriage and the original boss wiring that has already been removed off my 2007 dodge. He said i need new head light adapters and undercarriage. Quoted me 1200 for all. That seems a bit high. Maybe not. What do yo guys think?
  2. landheerj

landheerj Junior Member

I just had a new 8'2" VXT installed on my 2500hd at Strollo's in Chesire and the labor for the install was $400. I would suspect that you would double that if they are removing wiring from your old truck and installing it in the new one. That being said $1200 seems high.
  3. plowmanben

plowmanben Member
    from MI

Last year I had my local dealer swap the wiring over from old truck to new truck and installed a new undercarriage and it was right around the $1200 mark. So it's right in line with what I payed here in MI
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Costs vary by location but a new mount and headlamp adapters runs around $700 + tax and $500 to remove all the truck side from the old truck and install it and the new mount on the new one isn't out of line.
  5. JimRoss

JimRoss Member

I just bought an 2011 Silverado. The guy who sold me the plow new last year wanted $300 to take the mounting bracket/wiring off the 09 and install them to the new 11. I got the dealer to do the work as part of the deal for me buying the new truck.
  6. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I paid $700 to have my plow reinstalled on my '11, took it off my '06 myself.