1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss kickstand question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by M.C.A., Jan 29, 2003.

1. M.C.A.

M.C.A. Member
    from WI

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem? I have two boss straight blade plows both superduty 8'. One is a 2000 plow with the angle iron quadrent, the other is a 2002 plow with the square quadrent. The problem is when the kickstand is in the up position on the 2000 plow it scrapes against the lift cylinder wearing the paint of it. I have been using a bungee cord to hold it away and i dont have this problem on the 2002 plow. Wondering if anyone knows of a fit or should i keep using the bungee cord.
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2003
  2. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

problem? No

I don't leave mine on ;) , it's under the back seat till I need it. :waving:

FORDNUT Junior Member

Boss Kickstand

Remove when plowing, Your life will be easier.:)
  4. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC Senior Member

thats the solution...i let mine start rubing off the paint and as soon as i relized it i took it off. kjust raise up the plow all the way after you hook it up and pull the pin and the kickstand will fall straight to the ground.
  5. rick barnes

rick barnes Member

not only will it rub a little If you forget to raise it just ONCE they bent pretty easy. some days you just gotta get a little help pull your head out.
    My new one is in the tool box till it is needed
  6. M.C.A.

M.C.A. Member
    from WI

Called Boss just to see what they would say. The tech said to weld a piece of steel to the top of the kickstand bracket on the lift cylinder side to prevent the kickstand from leaning toward the cylinder. Thats Bosses fix. Definitely more work than removing it.