1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss joystick

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by White Oak, Nov 20, 2012.

1. White Oak

White Oak Member

Was thinking of getting a boss power plow. do they still make the joystick control? I currently have a straight blade and I love having the dash mount on the left side since i plow a lot of gravel i can just bump the stick up a flick or two to take the weight off the plow and not strip mine the gravel. I see with the boss stick it has the switch for up and down can you feather with that switch?? And which V is best for Gravel, anybody run a u edge on the V? thanks

2. AndersonCS

AndersonCS Member

They still offer the joystick control, hope it will always be available.

If you can hold out on buying a v for a few months wait for the new line of DXT's. These sure are the answer to everything plowers have been looking for in a plow. Also not sure on poly and uhmw. I'm going to experiment with it this year

3. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Just get used to the handheld controller! keep it in your lap or throw it on the dash Thumbs Up

4. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes,as already stated for availability but you can't truly feather the controls like an all hydraulic blade.You can control the motions somewhat for subtle changes once you get used to it.

5. BigBoyPlowin

BigBoyPlowin Senior Member

Yeah i have the handheld controller... i knock it up a few times when we plow the (over flow GRASS Lot) at one of my churches... just like with the stick

6. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

I wedge mine between the seats on my 60/40 bench. Stays there all storm

7. I use the joy stick but my best solution (400 drives per year) is a "yard guard"

Most are made with a 1.25-1.5 inch pipe with a slot cut out with a disk or plasma cutter.
    Some weld plates on the side or chains to strap up the sides of the plow to hold it in place

I use this on pavement or gravel
    It typically leaves some snow but wont dig in and helps to slide over grass edges
    My plow is a 1999 and is still on the original cutting edge

I have pictures
    comfort at torchlake dot com

tc

8. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I had the hand held controller the first two seasons with my V, then switched to the joystick and have used it for three seasons now. I much prefer the joystick, I operate heavy equipment so the joystick gives me the same feel as running a piece of equipment.

9. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

exactly!!!!