1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Joystick mounting location

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by merrimacmill, Nov 25, 2007.

1. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Hey, I've got a 2006 GMC 3500. I have been using fisher joysticks up untill 2006 when I got my first boss. It came with the smart touch and I hated it at first but have now gotten used to it. Anyways I wanted to try the joystick so I picked one up but I cannot find a good place to mount it.

Is there anyone with a similar truck that can share their mounting location with me?

Thanks for any help.

2. fnltch

fnltch Junior Member

I have mine under the armrest in my dodge mounted on a 1x4 with two 2x4 stacked then carpeted. That way i can pull it out when I don't need it.That is if u have an armrest.I also have a pict of someone else's armrest that they built but can't remember who's it is. So If someone notices it and recongizes it please give them credit for a job well done.Also search under hand held mounting There is a lot of picts of joystick mounts there.

View attachment Image049.jpg

View attachment Image050.jpg

lexi cam 257.jpg

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Here is a pic of one mounted in my old truck. It was a 02 chevy with the arm rest. I just used one of the brackets that the factory sends.

11.jpg

22.jpg

33.jpg

4. iluvscag

iluvscag Member
    from STL

That first one is bad looking. Put a Peterbilt air ride seat in there and you would have yourself a snow cadillac.

5. KetchikanBoss

KetchikanBoss Junior Member

The first set of pics are out of my truck. Thank you for the compliments. I ended up making that to answer the question "Would'nt it be cool if?"

6. no pics yet

mine is mounted to the floor right next to the corner of the bucket seat
    and the console.

I put it on a flex (old) cell phone mount so I can move it out of the way
    or pull it right by my hand with my arm on the arm rest.

tried to find a different place to mount the switch for the strobes
    but went back to the dash where I have had it for 8yrs.

my back up light comes on with the trans to reverse.

Working on a fog light to mount with the plow lights.

tc

7. krewzlo

krewzlo Junior Member

When I had my 95 Chevy with a boss V I used that joystick but had it mounted on the door as I use my left had for controls and right for the shifter.