1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss interchange question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by sabres07, Feb 26, 2011.

1. sabres07

sabres07 Senior Member
    from buffalo

I am considering trading/ selling my 11 year old Boss 7'6" standard duty straight blade and putting a new, lighter sport duty 7'6" straight poly blade on my new Chevy 1/2 ton. I only plow my own driveway, I do not plow commercially. My thinking is that I will save about 200 lbs of weight off the front of my truck by changing to the sport duty blade. Does the mount system and wiring/ plow controller inter- change between those 2 Boss plows or am I going to run into compatability issues???

2. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

The mount on the truck for the sport duty is smaller then the standard duty plow. Also I believe the wiring is different. The controller might work. There is enough of a difference between the two plows, you probably better off getting either a new set up or look for a used plow.

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The wiring should be the same. Its all 13 pin. But the mount will have to be changed.