1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss installation question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by xtreem3d, Dec 10, 2009.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

hey guys,
    just got my new VXT installed and notice i must have looked at the center section backwards in the instructions when i assembled the plow. There is one long bolt with a washer welded to it and a nut goes on the other end. the instructions say the nut needs to be on the passenger side of the truck , mine is on the drivers side. for the life of me i can't figure out why it matters..can anyne help out. go to post #3 and you can see a pic of the bolt http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=88814
    steve

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You're talking about the horizontal hinge pin.

Doesn't matter which way you install it, either way works.

3. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

b&b ..thanks, glad i'm not crazy....only possible idea i had was that the washer welded to the bolt has 2 flats cut on it and thought maybe they were to "bind" up against something in order to tighten the nut..why wouldn't they use a regular bolt for this? btw...they actually have a special decal that says nut on passenger side

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A regular bolt gets tight in there with the little space between the wings and the hinge location. So thats the reason for the "low clearance" pin so to speak. On the pre-'06 vee's with the older style horizontal pin the wings would actually flex enough that they'd touch the end of the pin and leave a witness mark on the wings. So the pin was updated to give more clearance.