1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Hydralic Fluid

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by SilverBoss27, Dec 4, 2010.

1. SilverBoss27

SilverBoss27 Junior Member

? Can I use other brand hydralic fluid rather than use with Boss brand? If so, what kind have you had best results with? Thanks for your help!!!:waving:
  2. METALS406

METALS406 Junior Member

3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

most major brand oils are the same. don't mix them to much though.
  4. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes,as long as it meets Boss's specs.I for one will only run Boss's own oil because I can get it online cheaper than my dealer sells it for plus it ends up costing about the same as a generic oil.
  5. yardsmith

yardsmith Senior Member

Boss fluid is one of the best fluids out there for not freezing; why change it?
    btw boss fluid is actually aviation hydraulic fluid, so if you could find that cheaper that'd work too
  6. METALS406

METALS406 Junior Member

I have to make a correction. . . I looked at his can of fluid, and it was Shell -- "Aeroshell Fluid 4".
  7. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

that is the oil you want. aeroshell 4.
  8. Yomax4

Yomax4 Junior Member

My Boss dealer told me to bleed the system with Dextron III and then use Boss or Western Fluid as they are from the same manufacturer, That's what he said. Not what I said.