1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss HTX V-plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by DieselLover, Oct 2, 2016.

1. DieselLover

DieselLover Junior Member

hey guys I'm curious to see if any of you run an htx v-plow on an f150 or half ton. I'm currently in the market for one and would like to hear feedback on it. I'm really curious what the limits have been found to be as i would like to not over do myself with new customers. Also please no half ton arguments i have been plowing for years and am well aware that half tons don't take the beating like 3/4 a 1 tons do but its what the wallet can take this year. Any info would be greatly appreciated. And finally has anyone installed one yet and how bad is the wiring it would be going on a 2012 F150

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

The plow is 74" in scoop mode. I'm guessing that's more narrow than the truck is by quite a bit. Putting all four tires in the snow when scooping. Sounds like a lot of stuck situations on heavier snowfalls if you can't get there before the snow accumulates. I also don't know if your plow has the electronic steering or not, if it does, I don't believe you're supposed to put a plow on it at all (although I could be wrong). If it were me and I was driving a half-ton I'd considering just getting the straight blade HTX and see if they make wings for it (they probably don't, but it's worth investigating).

SnoFarmer likes this.
  3. DieselLover

You are correct with the electronic steering but these plows were designed to counter this problem. And I would be keeping up with the plowing. The f150 are 79" wide so the width is a slight concern for me but I'm also not going to be a hero haha

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Has nothing to do with being a "hero" has to do with width. Simple math.....plow is to small....all 4 tires will be driving in your windrows=stuck

5. DieselLover

The plow in the straight position is 90" 82" in v and 74" in scoop I'm not going to be running straight into a lot or driveway without taking a straight pass so windrows shouldn't be an issue but it is a valid argument

6. cwren2472

cwren2472 Member

Those plows are designed to be light weight for half-ton trucks; it has nothing to do with the electrical system which is why the BOSS website specifically says you can't do it. If you put the plow on that truck, best case: every time you operate the plow, it will flash on the dash that there is an electrical fault (I've seen it.) Worst case: accessories such as radio, HVAC, and steering assist will cut out.

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I must be a superhero, my plow is 11' wide.....in front.

16' in back. Thumbs Up:)

8. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

. . Super something you mean

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

At least they aren't from Harbor Freight.

kimber750 likes this.