1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Head Lights

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Jersey Push, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Jersey Push

Jersey Push Junior Member

I'm going into my third year with my Boss plow and I love it. I've been plowing (with Meyer) for 10 Years. But I have noticed (from the Start) that the plow goes up higher then the lights. At first I didn't mind but now its annoying. I cant understand why they would make the lights so low??? Does anyone have a modification or something else that someone did???

2. mega10cab

mega10cab Senior Member

What do you need the plow up so high for? Besides stacking, there's no reason to have it more the 8-10" above the ground during transport. Any higher and it's blocking air to the radiator/inter cooler.

3. Jersey Push

My front end already sits low so it forces me to have the plow higher. I plan on putting a leveling kit to solve that problem

4. mega10cab

mega10cab Senior Member

True. I can't say much about that aspect. My truck was leveled when I got the plow installed. It helps tremendously with the sagging. Once leveled I think you'll find the headlights are fine. I travel with my plow angled to the drivers side, and 8-10" above the ground.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

The couple Meyer's we had did sit low. So low that we ended up switching over to Westerns. But your kinda comparing apples to Oranges.
    What kinda trk is it on?

6. Jersey Push

I installed it on a 2013 Dodge 2500 with a 6.7 Cummins. I got it a few months ago. My old truck was a 2004 Dodge 2500 and i had that leveled. And Yes it wasn't really a problem. I guess its just more noticeable now.

7. mega10cab

mega10cab Senior Member

Definitely level it. I have a 2010 2500 cummins mega cab. With my 2" level, boss 8' Super duty and 500lb ballast, my front end just barely sits lower then the rear with the plow raised.