1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss head lights not working??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jvm81, Jan 22, 2012.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have 2009 Boos V plow. First night of snow, one light was out to start with, now both headlights are out. The amber lights work. Is it just the bulb? If so how is that to come out? My fingers barely get up under there to the plug let alone unplug it and then I still dont see how the bulb is going to come out of there? Truck lights work, everything else is fine.

2. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

4 screws in the face of the light take the assembly out and boom there ya go the h.i.r bulbs ($30+) arent cheap so just go get equivalent halogens which are 9006 i believe

3. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

I called the dealer today. I now have no lights at all. He thinks a relay or fuse or ground is not right cuz now no lights come on at all. Also the 4 screws and boom - not sure. It looks sealed to me. I have taken them out but there are plastic clips that look as though it is one sealed unit. It will not pull apart at all. So we'll see what happens after more checking.

4. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

Well got the lights figured out. The ground wire was cracked off which must of blew the lights out on the plow cuz they were toast. So yes popped the lights off, replaced the bulbs, re-did the ground wire connection and back in business.

5. FF_Opie

FF_Opie Junior Member
    from Midwest

So it ended up being a ground? I am having almost the same problem. All my ambers work on the plow but the headlights won't do anything even when I switch the truck to plow switch. Where was the ground an issue? Maybe I could start there....