1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss head light issue

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mhagen49, Nov 20, 2010.

1. mhagen49

mhagen49 Junior Member

I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem. I'm workiong on a friends 8'2" boss v plow when the low beams are on the truck and plow lights are on together,but when you switch to high beam just the plow lights are on. everything works fine on the truck side and we could not find any issues in the wire harnesses. thanks for your time

2. elecblu

elecblu Member

What type of vehicle are you talking about? Is this a recent install job? If so double check the headlight adaptor installation configeration if applicable.

3. mhagen49

mhagen49 Junior Member

its on a 2004 2500hd. its not a recent install. the truck was in accident two years ago now that you mention adapters thats the one thing i didnt look at. thank you for the info ill let you know what the out come is

4. elecblu

elecblu Member

If the plow worked proper after installation, or after repairs from an accident, it is not likely that it could have an improper adapter configuration. I am not the most knowledgable, but I have heard much chat about faulty ground connections. Is it possible the wiring was damaged in the accident.. Was it repaired or replaced? Maybe try switching relays around with each other to rule that out as well.

5. mhagen49

mhagen49 Junior Member

he told me it started doing it after the accident. before it was fine we tried the relays last night and didnt change anything i dont think the harness was affected by the accident but they did have the pass side headlight out due to the damage so its possible that they hooked it up wrong, or a ground we didnt spend much time on it. I told him it wasnt a high priority becuase it doesnt affect the way it plows snow.

6. elecblu

elecblu Member

If it started right after having a headlight assembly out, i would tend to think that would be the first place to recheck. . Even more so than a ground issue.