1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BOSS harness keeps blowing Headlight fuses!!

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Riccas, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Riccas

Riccas Member

Howdy guys,

I'm new to PlowSite but have been on Diesel Place forever. I've got a problem with my boss harness. Traded in my 04 GMC last nite and just installed everything in my 07 GMC Classic right now. Turned the truck on and no lights, fuses were blown. Went to put some new ones in and they blew instantly. There's gotta be a problem somewhere, but what could it be?? All the headlight adapter's do is act as a switching agent between the headlight housing and the plow lights. Is the problem in the relays?? Is the problem in the adapters?? With the plow light switch in the "off" position i don't see how the relays are even in play so i'm racking my head thinking the wiring harness must be different or something?? I can't go home until its fixed or the sun comes up :eek::

Is the harness any different from 04-07... i can't imagine there would be.
    Anyone else ever have this problem on an install??

-- Rick
  2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

I had the same problem. You hafta make sure on the adapters they are all facing the same way. Meaning like all on side A or B. If one is wrong your fuses will blow. Like i said i had the same issue. Just check those and it should work fine.
    Here was my cry for help lol
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=36528&highlight=headlight - - -scroll down like 1/2way
  3. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

That's not one of those trucks with the positive ground? I remember hearing something about some truck that were, just can remember which ones.
  4. jryden145

jryden145 Member

For that model year the conectors both have to be on side A.

5. Riccas

Riccas Member

Thanks a a lot for all your help guys. I figured it out last nite when i started checking every wire for a direct short. Everything else on these harnesses is idiot proof i just didn't think the adapters would be two sided :rolleyes:

-- Rick
  6. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

leave it to chevy to try to reinvent the wheel, or electrical system for that matter. :nod: JKI