Snow Plowing Forum banner

BOSS harness keeps blowing Headlight fuses!!

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  04superduty 
#1 ·
Howdy guys,

I'm new to PlowSite but have been on Diesel Place forever. I've got a problem with my boss harness. Traded in my 04 GMC last nite and just installed everything in my 07 GMC Classic right now. Turned the truck on and no lights, fuses were blown. Went to put some new ones in and they blew instantly. There's gotta be a problem somewhere, but what could it be?? All the headlight adapter's do is act as a switching agent between the headlight housing and the plow lights. Is the problem in the relays?? Is the problem in the adapters?? With the plow light switch in the "off" position i don't see how the relays are even in play so i'm racking my head thinking the wiring harness must be different or something?? I can't go home until its fixed or the sun comes up :eek::

Is the harness any different from 04-07... i can't imagine there would be.
Anyone else ever have this problem on an install??

TIA,
-- Rick

#6 ·
Riccas;340066 said:
Thanks a a lot for all your help guys. I figured it out last nite when i started checking every wire for a direct short. Everything else on these harnesses is idiot proof i just didn't think the adapters would be two sided :rolleyes:

-- Rick
leave it to chevy to try to reinvent the wheel, or electrical system for that matter. :nod: JKI

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.