1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BOSS handheld controller

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Jason762, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Jason762

Jason762 Junior Member
    from CT

I need a new handheld controller for an RT3 8' straight blade. Are the controllers specific to the make of the vehicle? It is currently on a 2007 Dodge Ram 2500, would one off a Ford or Chevy work on the Dodge?

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

any handheld controller will work

3. ceptorman

ceptorman Senior Member
    from Indy

Yep.

On mine, the lift button sometimes activates either right or left partially, and I'm not touching the left or right angle buttons. Has anyone else had this happen? I go to lift, and occasionally the plow will angle instead. Thanks.

4. Deut2210a

Deut2210a Member

alternative controllers

You might also want to talk to the guys at Universal Plow Controls. They are a sponsor on this site and although I haven't used any of their controllers they are a local company to me and my contact with the owners has been very positive. That being said are you sure you aren't pressing any other buttons? I often have the same thing happen to me but I think I'm just not hitting the buttons right with my big hands.

5. ceptorman

ceptorman Senior Member
    from Indy

I didn't think I hit the angle button along with the lift, but that might be what I was doing...hopefully. With 40-50 degree weather here all next week, I already removed the plow:rolleyes: