1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BOSS Handheld controller: Little switch going bad?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by TLS, Dec 9, 2010.

1. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Have a 2004 Boss 9.2V with the handheld controller. It's the one that's all one piece, not separate handle and touch pad that slides in.

The little ON/OFF switch at the top is going flaky. OFF is OFF, but fully slid to ON isn't ON! I need to put in half ON, half OFF for the lights to come on.

This is the original controller, and it is stored indoors over summer. Never had an issue....ever with it. Worked fine last season. Never gave me an issue.

The switch doesn't look as though it is easy to replace.

I really don't want to buy a new controller because a $2 switch decided to junk out on me 7 years into it's life.

Any suggestions???

2. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Took it apart, played with it a little. Vigorously switched it back and forth a bunch of times, and it seems to stay green when on now. I thought there used to be a detent between ON and OFF (there isn't now), but it seems to stay in the ON position on a repeated basis.

I guess I'd be looking at $260+ for a new handheld that has what I assume is an upgraded rocker ON/OFF switch.

The printed circuit with the switch for my Version 1 design is $300+ YIKES!!!
  3. tom_khollman

tom_khollman Junior Member

I have a brand new one I will sell you for $225 shipped anywhere, its only 2 months old and never been plugged in. let me know
  4. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member