1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Hand Controller Mounting

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by nate456789, Oct 28, 2009.

1. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

I see on here people asking for ideas for mounting their Hand held controller.
    So I am posting some pictures of my setup.

The hand control was not comfortable at all and I didn't want to go fishing around for it all night long so a stationary mounting is best for me. I want to be able to put my hand in the same place and have the controls be there.

I purchased the pedestal mount that Boss offers for $80. What is nice about this mount is it is a magnetic base and has 2 joints that can be placed about any position.
    I fabricated up a metal base and mounted it to my console and it give me infinite mounting options. Left to right or adjusting it to any angle. If I don't like it I twist a couple thumb nuts or slide the magnetic base where I want it with out any tools.

Here is the base side view :

Top View :

The Base :

The base is just 3/4" square tube and a piece of sheet metal.
    I did have to un bolt the seats to get a drill to the console but it wasn't that big of a deal.

Best part is when the season is over I unplug the molex and pull the base off and I am good till next season.
  2. Troybaseball21

Troybaseball21 Member
    from Ohio

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I must be doing something wrong? I actually hold my handheld when plowing!
  4. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

5. Troybaseball21

Troybaseball21 Member
    from Ohio

I used to hold mine when I had my Hiniker plow and an automatic truck. This is easy when working with a manual tranny...