1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Full Sport - Such a thing?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mortician79, Oct 10, 2008.

1. My dealer is trying to sell me a Boss Full Sport ($4690 install incl., plus tax 13%), I have never heard of it, is there such a thing, I am gonna go see him tomorrow about it, but I want to do my homework first. Thanks in advance!
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

:confused: A sport duty possibly?
  3. That is what I think also...

i must say this info was being relayed from the car dealership from the plow guy himself, so it might have got lost in traslation. It must be a 7.6' sport duty, hopefully, or maybe a standard duty! that would be cool :)

We'll see.
  4. jlcf

jlcf Junior Member

Plows are alot cheaper in Maine. We sell them for $4190 installed with tax. I have had several Canadian customers take a (road trip) down to save some$$$
  5. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Holy cow that is a high tax%! I see you are from Canada... is that how you get "free" health care or do I just have no idea what I am talking about?
  6. Yes it is a lot of tax, but you are correct, Health Care for one and all!
  7. Ok what should I get?

- 7.5' Boss Sport Duty ($4690)

- 7.5' Boss Standard Duty ($4950)

I am using if for mostly personal use and my parking lot here at the funeral home, do I need plow shoes?, please help, the more I read the more I am confused...tymusic
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  8. Oh and it's going on my 2008 Dodge Quad Cab Hemi 1500.
  9. festerw

festerw Senior Member

If it were me I'd go with the Sport Duty quite a bit lower weight for your quad cab.

I'd skip the shoes.
  10. jlcf

jlcf Junior Member

Go with the standard. You will get made fun of with the Sport. hahaha,Plus it should already come with shoes. You'll be happier with the bigger plow. Truck will handle it fine.
  11. Thanks for the reply!
  12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You are aware that your truck isn't recommended for a plow install by Dodge...and that Boss only recommends the Sport Duty? Can make warranty work a problem.
  13. I am aware of the issue you mentioned, however my dealer sells plows and has no problem doing warranty work.

I will most likely go with the sport duty unless I can get the price of the standard down.
  14. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The sport is more than capable of doing the job for your intended usage I can assure you. :salute:
  15. Thank you for your tips and advice, this place is great for a guy like me.