1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Front trim kit for chevy HD

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by BRL1, Dec 29, 2015.

1. BRL1

BRL1 Senior Member
    from Wyoming

Does anyone have a Boss front end trim kit on their truck? Im getting my plow mount installed next wed on the new 2016 duramax and the dealer said they are going to put the new trim kit on. I have looked around and i haven't been able to find a pic of one on a truck.

2. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

3. coke813

coke813 Member

This is a picture I got from Boss when I was looking at them. I'm not certain if this truck is a 1500 or a 2500, but the idea is similar.

0424141339b.jpg

4. tom18287

tom18287 Member
    from Boston

that must be a 1500. ill take a pic of mine just installed a few weeks ago in a while...

5. tom18287

tom18287 Member
    from Boston

Here is a pic of mine installed a few weeks ago. They completely removed the OEM bumper trim. When I got the truck back I trimmed and reinstalled the OEM trim (the part below the bumper. It's nice because it relocates the license plate out of the way.

The only complaint I have is the color is a little different than the OEM plastic, but you don't really notice.

I also bought the boss plug mounting kit. There are a couple bolt holes behind the bumper that I found, so with minimal fab I mounted the plugs. No drilling required.

I'm very pleased with the install.

KIMG0038 (1).jpg

6. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

If you mean you bought the mounting kit separately, then you bought it twice. It comes with the truck side. I did the same thing. Twice. I did a self install on my third truck, that's how I know it comes with the kit. So I unknowingly and therefore unwilling donated two of them to the installer.

Looks good.

7. tom18287

tom18287 Member
    from Boston

if id have known i wouldve asked for it when picking it up haha. oh well. wasn't too much money.

cutting the lower bumper trim was a pain. the way i cut it is pretty much the only way. the cutouts for the tow hooks kinda limit where you can cut it.

8. Chevy2500

Chevy2500 Junior Member

It's too bad they didn't make these for earlier models.

9. tom18287

tom18287 Member
    from Boston

yeah. they look sharp.