1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss frame mount intallation question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jscan, Dec 2, 2009.

1. jscan

jscan Junior Member

just had an 8' straight blade installed on my 08 gmc 2500hd, i do have the prep pkg with the high flow bumper...the installer mounted the frame mount high and tight and had to move my lic. plate frame higher because he said the plow would have destroyed it...so to make it fit they flip it, bottom side up and mount it higher on plastic part of bumper so it now sort of faces down...i dont like the look but he said thats how boss recommended the installs for newer style gm's..also even though i have the high flow bumper the mount still squeezes the lower plastic up ( which pushed on the lic. plate frame) anyone else have this look i am talking about or better type of install...pics? my first plow so maybe this is how it is...i will try and get a pic if needed. they also removed drivers side tow/pull hook and mounted harness plug in its place.

2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm sure b+b will speak up shortly as i know that installer is bs ing you big time. The tow hooks don't come out--no reason to.they add rigidity plus of course necessity when needed.

3. jscan

jscan Junior Member

one tow hook came out because thats where they ran the wire harness, they actually mounted the harness plug at the hole where the tow hook came out...thats not bad, it actually looks ok, dont like the lic. plate setup, or the squeezing up of the lower plastic bumper, thats what i thought the high flow bumper was for (dont mind some cutting, will do myself if i have to)...will get a pic tonight to show everyone...just curious how others where installed on same year gm...they r new installers for boss...they went with bosses recommendation. will try to upload pic...not to familiar with uploading pic but will try

4. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

Sounds to me like they used the older chevy mount for your newer chevy. Its a tighter fit, and the plow frame comes up real close to the truck.

So im told. Ill know next week when I try to put my 04-07 frame mount on my '10

5. SNO-PRO

SNO-PRO Member

Im with "JeffNY" origionally the mount was the same 01-current but I know they changed since the mount was close and some new bodystyle 07's could actually make hood to plow contact. I know since our two 07's had that happen. I know on a 2500 to get that mount the height you need you basically have to push the mount up as high as it will go. But it sounds like your installer is giving you some bs IMO

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not quite, originally the mounts were 99-02 (LTA03699) and then 03-up classic body (LTA04767). Then there was a 99-07 classic (LTA04767A). There's now the currently revised mount (LTA04767B) that fits everything 99-to-current.

So be sure they're using the current mount and not a second revision 03-up classic mount. It will physically bolt on but places the lift tower too close to the bumper and requires a major air dam trim too.

7. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Good info to know B&B. I've been looking at a few 09s and 2010s.

8. jscan

jscan Junior Member

tt tech support at boss, very helpfull, guided me on there sight to actually parts and part #'s...showed me the diff. between older mounts and newer gm mount. i do have the newer lta04767b style. also corrected issue with lic. plate frame...they do recommend moving plate up by some modifying, and by doing that you dont have to notch any plastic...i went the other route and notched plastic very little and the lower plastic part of bumper settled to the original position and i moved plate frame back to original position...much better look instead of the plastic being squeezed up...he said they try to avoid cutting, but both ways an option. if anyone wants that tech. direct line let me know, its not the basic cust. svc line....gets you right to the pro's.