1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Forum

Discussion in 'Boss Plow Forum' started by administrator, Jan 8, 2002.

1. administrator

administrator Guest

I started this forum so you can ask questions or give comments directly to BOSS PLOW mfg.

Respect the rules and respect the company. Please be professional and you will be treated the same.

Thanks

2. dbyrone

dbyrone Junior Member

New to plowing.

I just bought new 02 GM 2500HD 4x4 truck and 8'2" Poly-V BOSS Plow. I have a little experience plowing from many years ago. Had plow installed at Kalida Trucks in Toledo, Ohio. Have very little to snow so haven't had much of a chance to try plow out. Last week had about an inch so ran out and made a pass or two on my driveway. Have steel shoes on plow - I think set right - about 1/2 below blade.

Should the shoes mark the cement driveway? Should i use "float" position to correct this? Tried adjusting shoes to even them but can't get them perfect. Always one down lower than others. How critical is this setting? Any ideas?

Dave