1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss fluid

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 04f350powerv-xt, Jan 27, 2009.

1. 04f350powerv-xt

04f350powerv-xt Senior Member

I currently have red "boss" fluid in my plow which I bought in the USA (Jakalas Truck). My local boss dealer has blue fluid, can I mix the 2 or not? My local dealer does not sell "boss" fluid, any way to get it online? Thanks for the help.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Not sure about the mix. Why don't you make a quick run over the bridge?
  3. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

I wouldnt mix it. Drain out the red and pour in the blue.
  4. 1 bad bolt

1 bad bolt Member

new boss owner so here comes the dumb question, lol whats the difference between the two types
  5. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

my guess is the red is Boss brand and the blue is the generic plow hydraulic fluid available almost anywhere. As far as a difference I dont think there is much. I ended up using the "blue" kind in one of mine because I didnt have any Boss fluid and thought it was more important to get it changed than to use the Boss brand. But I also wouldnt mix the two if I had a choice.
  6. jonw440

jonw440 Senior Member

If you mix it you can tell everyone you have Royal Purple in there. purplebou
  7. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

you can find it online at ebay and central parts warehouse and theres a few other dealers that sell it online .
  8. jimz2500

jimz2500 Member

:) lol :)