1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss DXT Videos.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by G.Landscape, Jan 7, 2014.

1. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

Here are a few videos of our new Boss DXT plow. We purchased this based on recommendation from the dealer who sells other manufactures as well and so far very pleased with it.

Unfortunately in heavy snow events I don't have a lot of time to be playing around with camera set ups and mounts but here are a few videos so far from this year.

Here is the full rig.
    - 2013 GMC 2500HD
    - 8'6" Boss DXT
    - SHPE1500 Saltdogg Spreader
    [​IMG]

Enjoy, there will be more to come.

First plowing some Ice.
    http://youtu.be/xRCkooG5lv4

Second is plowing about 2" on a small commercial site.
    http://youtu.be/28aCcDTT_MM

2. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Nice videos

3. Snoviper

Snoviper Senior Member

Nice Vids!

Nice Vids! Thumbs Up

4. yardguy28

yardguy28 Senior Member

very nice videos. I do have one question though and this mite be the wrong place to ask it cause I don't want to high jack the thread so if I get no responses that's cool.

what is the deciding factor for you guys who don't use the snow deflectors on your plows?

5. G.Landscape

from Ontario

There is one long driveway we do this year that I wish I had a deflector but overall it has never been an issue.

For these short runs and pushes they don't provide any real gain.

6. yardguy28

yardguy28 Senior Member

I suppose it's partly because I've never had a plow without one. but I know I've had times where even the deflector didn't keep the windshield clean so I gotta believe they help. for me anyway.

7. skorum03

skorum03 2000 Club Member

Cool videos. I think that will be my next plow.

8. FF/P215

FF/P215 Senior Member
    from 01085

Nice set-up, I'm definitely thinking about adding the DXT next year. Hows the SaltDogg holding up?

9. G.Landscape

from Ontario

Saltdogg is great, only had this unit since the start of the season but no complains so far. Even ran some pickled sand though it last week with the -30 temps and it spread great.

10. G.Landscape

from Ontario

What are peoples thoughts on the operation of the plow in this video, I know I shouldn't listen to comments on YouTube but I always try to take good care of equipment so any insight would be good.

11. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Here's some advice, at the start of the video you begin to plow with the plow in V mode and it gets hung up. Start in angle mode and then once you're moving and beyond the drive apron go to V mode, that way you can slide over the cracks easier. Then when you drive into the pile in V mode, retract to straight before lifting to ease amount of force needed to raise the plow. In fact as you raise into the pile begin to flatten out, it will become second nature for you.

12. G.Landscape

from Ontario

Thanks, I usually do V position to stack higher but I see your point. I will try that all out.

13. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

looks great!