1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss DXT plow Power HELP!

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by G.Landscape, Dec 10, 2014.

1. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

Tried to hook up to the plow today and controller is always lit up (on/off on the controller doesn't change anything) and the power hook up will not work. when connected none of the buttons make the plow do anything!

Storm tonight so HELP asap would be great.

ps its a 1 year old DXT plow.

2. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

So the controller has pwr as it is lit up. When the key is off does it stay lit up or does it turn off?

If it turns off with the key I would unplug it his alp the buttons and reconnect. If that doesn't happen I would take it apart and see if something seems stuck.

If the controller stays on with the key off then something is going on with the wiring.

3. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Also controller should be warranty if it's bad. I would be calling the dealer b4 they close.

4. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

Crisis averted! Turns out the ground cable on the main power to the plow was disconnected. It was still in the rubber portion of the connector but no longer actually making connection.