1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss DXT Back drag capabilities?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Fjtort2, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Fjtort2

Fjtort2 Member

How well does the Boss DXT back drag? Had a '97 Boss Power V That didn't back drag that well.. Hoping the new DXT back drags a lot better?!
  2. The DXT back drags great with its heavy weight and standard Smart Locks on the wings. I back drag areas where chained plows would have daylight under them down to the pavement in one pull. The DXT is as big step forward as the Power V was back in it's introduction.
  3. Fjtort2

Fjtort2 Member

Excellent! Thanks!
  4. jimslawnsnow

jimslawnsnow PlowSite Fanatic
    from mn

Isn't there a back drag kit if needed? Not sure if its available on the DXT or not. I know you can get them on flat tops and VXT
  5. robber27

robber27 Member
    from NE Iowa

My dealer told me there was no backdrag available for the dxt when I picked mine up on Saturday. Hopefully with the weight it'll scrape down decent.
  6. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

My dxt backdrags just fine.
  7. BossEric

BossEric Member

With the added weight of the trip edge and hardware ,and the standard double acting cylinders. The DXT does backdrag quite well, I'm sure you'll be pleased.