1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Drain Plug

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Hambrick & Co., Sep 29, 2009.

1. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

Got a question about removing the drain plug from the flow to swap the fluid. Is it clockwise or counter clockwise. Cause all im doing clockwise is stripping the heck out of it.. Any help would be great.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I have the same problem. I called boss the the guy I talked to said to apply a little heat. I am a little worried about that, so I am waiting.
  3. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

Well do you know if you turn it to the right or left to loosen?
  4. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Haven't done my boss plows yet this year, but I'm pretty sure last year we did it lefty loosey, maybe not? good luck
  5. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

A good question for B&B he knows EVERY THING! Thanks for all your help B&B
    note: I will need to know this in about a week or so when I do my fluid change.
  6. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

righty tity lefty loosey !:salute:
  7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Definately counterclockwise. There's no reason it would be reversed thread. A little heat does wonders.
  8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The plugs are nothing special, just your run of the mill 3/8 male right hand pipe thread but they do get stuck in there at times making removal very difficult. Use a little heat like the others mentioned and be sure you're turning the correct way.

Before re-installation add a little thread sealant to the plug. Doing so will keep the threads not only sealed but lubricated for easy removal the next time. And remember it's pipe thread, so no need to crank it in there Hercules tight. Snug is good.