1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss doesn't list anything for the diesel 3500?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jerseydrew, Apr 2, 2015.

1. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

when in the plow selector it doesn't offer the option for diesel motor?

2. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

Our plow applications follow the recommendations of the truck manufacturers. In some instances, certain blades will exceed the front axle rating of the truck and they will not show up on our Plow Selector Tool. This may be due to a larger cab style or heavier engine or combination of the two. Check out this article for additional information regarding the diesel engine:
    http://info.bossplow.com/Blog/bid/153972/Before-You-Buy-That-Diesel-Snowplow-Truck

3. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

you are not showing any blades at all for the 3500 diesel motor. i understand the weight issue, but i think your selector is either missing info or something is going on. as per gm my new truck with 6k lb front and 7050lb rear axle with the diesel should still handle 800 lb plow. on westerns configurator they list almost all the plows fit my truck and yours shows none.

now i know that is not true but your configurtator won't help me look at what is out there.

4. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

Could you please supply us with the Year, cab size and bed length of the truck?

Thank you!

5. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

15 gmc 3500, crew cab, standard box, 4x4 single rear wheel, 6k front axle, 6.6 diesel.

boss.jpg

6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

^you didn't finish the product selector menu.

This is what I got when I did

image.jpg

7. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

He has a diesel engine and they only list the 6.0 gas.

8. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

Thank you for the additional information on your truck and for bringing this error in our selector to our attention. Our service team will be adding your truck configuration to the selector in the next day or two. Please check back shortly for the plow applications best suited for your truck. Thank you!

9. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Thumbs Up

10. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

awesome! much appreciated.

11. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

I was wondering what was going on there as I just ordered a new 2015 Sierra 3500HD DRW, crew cab long box with the plow prep. Was surprised no diesel was listed when searching plows.

Just tried and now it works!!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015