1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss, Did I make the right choice?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by F-250 SD, Jan 30, 2005.

1. F-250 SD

F-250 SD Junior Member

Just put a 7'6" Boss Super Duty on my 2003 F-250 SD Crew Cab and was starting to wonder if I should have gone with the 8' or 8'6" ?
    Is anyone else running this set up if so how do you like it? My concerns are, if the blade is to short for the wheel base of the truck will I be running the rear wheels thru the snow? :confused:

2. you might be cutting it short with the 7'6'' you might want to see if you can get the 8 0r 8'6''. now if its a dually youll need the 8'6''. i got a 9 foot on my 250 and love it i only wish it was a vee plow but next truck :cry: but its coming soon

3. Snow Encrusted

Snow Encrusted Member

AS LONG AS YOU CLEAR YOUR BACK WHEELS YOUR COOL.I OWN A BOSS AND I LOVE IT.YOUR PLOW IS AS GOOD AS YOU ARE,LEARN IT, LIVE IT, LOVE IT....WORK IT...... :yow!: :gunsfiring: :p

4. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Measure your front track width. From sidewall to sidewall. Your plow at full angle will only clear 78" of snow in IDEAL conditions. With a Crew Cab, I would have put an 8'6" on it. Dually pickups NEED at least a 9' blade.

How "new" is it? Plowed with it yet? If not, tell them you want to go with a bigger moldboard ( The sector is the same) and swap them out.

5. F-250 SD

F-250 SD Junior Member

TLS, I have not plowed with it yet. I just picked it up on Friday. Have been using Broncos and standard cab P/U's up until this truck(big difference in the wheel base) I think I will call the dealer today and see if he will swap it for a bigger one. They seem to feel that 7'6" was a perfect size for that truck, in fact they had it on 5 of there 10 F-250 and 350's

6. MOW ME OVER

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

Go bigger. I got a 8.5' Boss for my 2002 F350 CC DRW and before I used it I decided to go with a 9' to clear the rear tires and it works great. I also mounted up a set of prowings for clearing my bigger lots and love those too.

I had to pay a difference of $108.00 for the bigger moldboard.

7. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

You should go at least 8'. You'll be running your rear wheels through snow with any kind of small turn. On sharp turns forget it.

8. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

The front track width of my 2500HD is 80 1/2"

A BOSS 7'6" plow will only clear 78" of snow.

So, you won't need to turn at all to be driving over your snow.

An 8'er only takes you to 83" which overlaps about an inch on either side.

I'd go right to an 8'6" plow to give you a nice 4" past your tires on either side.

9. butler L&S

butler L&S Member

If the dealer won't take it back then put some wings on it. If the dealer does take it back get the 8'6" and put some wings on it.

10. John Mac

John Mac Senior Member

Put wings onn the plow!

Put wings on the plow if you can't return and add 2' with out the weight.

11. MOW ME OVER

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

Yeah go with the 8.5 and wings and make it do this!!!

Mow Me Over Job Pictures 214.jpg

12. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

I was originally going to get a 7.6' blade. A lot of guys said that I would not be happy. So, I went and bought an 8.0'. Needless to say, I would have been pissed if I went to a 7.6'. Covers the wheel base great. Not to mention backdragging a garage with the 8.0' grabs more snow while turning the truck.

13. S & L LawnCare

S & L LawnCare Member

I WAS GONNA GO WITH A 7"6 BUT AFTER I LOOKED ON HERE AND TALKED TO A FEW GUYS THEY SAID NO GO WITH 8 SO I GOT AN 8 AND LOVE IT THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING U CAN DO AND IF A DEALER PUT IT ON THEY SHOULD HAVE KNOWN IT WAS GONNA BE A LITTLE BIT TOO SMALL I MEAN UNLESS THEY SAID SOMETHING TO YOU IDK BUT GOOD LUCK :salute:

14. Triton Snow Systems

Triton Snow Systems Banned

plow

If you can swing it get the 9.2 V-plow. You will get your money back quickly

15. ABM

ABM Junior Member

I've got the 8.2 V and wish that I would have went with the 9.2 V instead. Before I bought it I talked to several people who said that 8.2 was plenty for the front end, but after using it I know that the 9.2 would be no problem for this truck (2002 F-250 supercab 7.3L with 6000lb. X springs). I may even pick up a new 9.2 blade for next season if I can find a good deal.

16. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

7.5 too skinny for my taste...
    :jester: go wider :jester:

17. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Take a look at buying 2 blade halfs, and two cutting edges. Thats all you'll need. Just switch out the 8.2 halfs and put in the new bigger ones. Everything else is the same.