1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss D-XT? Anyone here have one?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by excav8ter, Jan 27, 2013.

1. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

Just curious if anyone has one, or any experience with one? I have been thinking about adding wings to my 8'2" V-XT, mostly for added width for windrowing. I plow some private roads for a development as well as a "working farm" for people with Autism. The development takes about 3 hours with my existing plow.....my biggest interest is the trip edge, because the development has only basecoat of asphalt down, so there are a lot of manholes and storm sewer inlets that stick up about 1" above the asphalt. They tried to build up around the covers, but it still rattles your teeth if you forget about one and clip it.
    I just saw a video of the D-XT with the dual trip feature, and wonder if that would be a good option for me, as well as giving me the added width I want for windrowing.....

My truck is an '07 F-350 CC SB with the 6.0 PSD

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Shaney's Lawn Care has one, should shoot him a PM.

3. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

They look huge from the pictures I've seen. Can't see where you are located since I'm on my phone but depending on how much snow you get annually your 8'2 with wings would be the most economical choice IMO.

4. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

Holland Michigan is my location..... I am more interested in the trip edge for skipping over manhole covers on a road I take care of. There's about 30 of them, an inch or so above grade. I am considering the wings too.....

5. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

How about a 9'2" with wings?

6. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Go Fisher 9'6" Xtreme V....Trip edge, rugged, and plenty wide at 114 inches. Way better plow than the Boss. And substantially cheaper. Mine was $5400 mounted. You won't be buying a Dxt for that.
    And the Fisher VP of sales is in the fisher forum every day. How do you beat that for service contacts?

7. BigBoyPlowin

BigBoyPlowin Senior Member

Dude, Really?!?!? No plows going to be good for that.. Tell them to finish off the road!
    Why would you buy a new plow just so you can intentionally go over manhole covers?!?!?

Just for the Record I have used the DXT and yes its nice.. I'm a tall guy and it goes 3/4 the way to my waist, and works well windowing. Yes it trips but its not for INTENTIONAL use. The one I used had the springs too tight but it kept shooting up

8. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

I wasn't planning to buy the plow, just so I could go right over the manholes with out slowing down. I was hoping that the trip edge would soften the blow on the ones I forget occasionally. I have never fully hit one, but I have clipped a couple going slow. maybe I'll just ad the wings, as suggested, and go slow....that portion of the job is by the hour anyway.

9. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

I will look at the Fisher....but I am a fan of Boss.....I've owned Boss plows since my first V blade in 1994, and they have been fantastic for me.

Thanks for the info on the Fisher. Thumbs Up

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Do you have mulch experience with Boss plows?

11. Buswell Forest

from NH

Only looking them over, not plowing. Several things stand out, and I find the Fisher to be a better plow all things considered. But it takes all kinds to make a world, and if you like the Boss, more power to ya.

12. BigBoyPlowin

There is a corporate contact in the Boss forum too... In addition to ATLEAST 3 Service techs, salesman and installers of boss plows in that forum too. These guys can dang near diagnos a boss plow over the internet. Personally I say dealer support is the biggest thing to look at when buying a plow. I bought my first Boss plow 17 years ago from a local dealer, Major selling points were its a great plow obviously.. and my dealer is 15 minutes away from my farthest account and always open during a snowstorm. Since then we have purchased 9 BOSS plows! With a 10' DXT on the way next year!

13. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

What kind of question is that? And why would it matter????? :confused:

14. BigBoyPlowin

I think its a great question. Before you shoot down another product I would hope you have done your homework.... like demoing both plows, Comparing and contrasting, etc.... Before saying a Fisher is better than a boss... If he did, he would also know there are multiple BOSS reps in the Boss forum too.

15. Buswell Forest

from NH

I called a Boss dealer, just to fact check myself. A 9'2" Boss Dxt installed is $5,590.00 for my 2012 F250. So I was wrong about it being way more money, it's only $190 more. However, I still think the Fisher is a better V plow. It's just a personal opinion.

16. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

Wow! I think I got screwed on my 8'2" V-XT.....

17. Buswell Forest

from NH

He called back right after I posted, believe it or not. He said he "mis-quoted" the price..I asked him how, and he mumbled about reading the next line down...anyway, he said he was wrong, and a 9'2" DXT installed was $5200 even....

MB tractor in Littleton NH..

18. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

I think you may have you ABC's all mixed up.....................:laughing:

19. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

second that. Numbers I was getting was 7500-8000 cash and carry.
    9.2 vxt cash and carry was 5600.00 there abouts.
    I would go buy them out of stock if they will honor that price and resell.

20. Buswell Forest

from NH

I wondered, as I specifically said DXT to him. I thought I had read the DXT was large cash...I shouldn't have doubted myself!Thumbs Up