1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss cutting edges

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by hotshot4819, Jan 9, 2008.

1. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

hey guys, just bought the boss v xt, any one else feel the cutting edges wear extreamly quick? 4 storms and im almost to the blade itself

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Did you get the formed edges with the built in curb guards?

Mine are great they last twice as long as the old thin ones.
    I don't use the shoes ether

3. hotshot4819

yup has the formed edges... i dont use shoes either...

4. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Something is not right. I got 2-1/2 years out of my last set about 47 runs and i'm on my
    11th run this season and they are worn less than a 1/8". What are you plowing ? About how long is the blade on the ground ?

5. hotshot4819

how long is the blade on the ground, are you talking hours, or ????

6. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

What kind of lots do you plow. For all we know you could be plowing a driveway or O'Hare international airport bye yourself.

7. hotshot4819

well, i have 3 burger kings, 2 dunkin donuts 1 condo complex, 1 monroe muffler, a Dollar tree/bingo hall ( large parking lot ) and a private road. for my truck..... then i have other trucks doing other crap.. takes me about 6 hours on a 3 inch storm( includes plowing and then going behind and cleaning up..) on larger storms i just keep knocking them out and then start over.. can keep right up.

8. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Well the private road could be killen ya, how long and wide is it? How fast do you go?

9. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Can you post a pic so we can see how bad it is?

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I was thinking the same thing...are the edges worn relatively evenly from the center out?..a pic would be helpful.