1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss creaking noise

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by cameo89, Feb 1, 2008.

1. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I have a 2 yr old Boss straight blade and ONLY when you raise & lower the blade it makes a horrible creaking noise, I had to undo fitting to releive presure on up/down cylinder, in order to drop blade (I had wiring issues) but my thought is ''air in the lines'' is this possible & is it possible to blead the system?

I can make a short video if it help to hear it

Thanks, Yon

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

creak

sounds like the lift cylinder ,sometimes the cylinder ram get's dry some light spray grease some time's helps ,penray #7001 spray's out liquid then gel's ,if it keeps it up the ram internal piston and seals could be a problem .

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you keep the coupler pins and lift cylinder pins greased, then the noise is coming from the lift cylinder itself. If it has set for any length of time they sometimes can be a bit noisy for a while. They'll usually fix themselves after use.

Some will make a horrid screeching sound when lowering if the flow control screw is turned in too far also.