1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss cover

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jprop, Mar 15, 2010.

1. jprop

jprop Junior Member

Wanted to know if there are any sources for covers for a 7.5 plow. I need to store it outside and want to keep it out of the weather and secure. Either aftermarket or do people have a canvas company custom make one. I need something better than a tarp.

06 F-150 Boss 7.5
  2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

If you really are worried about protecting it,I would put it on a full 4'x8' piece of plywood with a tarp/plastic ground cloth to serve as a vapor barrier,then get a canvass tarp to cover it,but not completely--leave an air supply to remove any condensation buildup.I would also Fluid Film all the rods of all your cylinders and any rust spots--or FF the entire plow--it's all good.
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Just park it out back and spray it down with FF.
  4. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

Tarp works well,
  5. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Shipping container works even better! :D
  6. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

FF is fine for the metal, but the real issue is the sun's effect on the hoses and other rubber. I'm sure someone makes a cover, keep looking.