1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss controller ?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bigboss1977, Nov 24, 2012.

1. bigboss1977

bigboss1977 Senior Member
    from Utah

I was going to purchase an extra controller as a just in case mine ever goes out. I currently have the hand held controller but wanted to know is the joystick better ? What do you prefer and why ?

Someone told me that there is an aftermarket handheld controller that can be used on the boss plows that is a little cheaper - thought maybe this would be a good route since it would be used just as a backup controller.
  2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

It's a matter of preference that's all.I prefer the joystick as I need/require something of substance to latch onto.Those lap controllers just seem too mickey mousey to me if you can fathom where I'm going.
  3. BigBoyPlowin

BigBoyPlowin Senior Member

I personally like the handheld one better.... I like it because its right in my hand at all times... if I need my other hand on the wheel I can easily grab it with the controller in my hand... I say it's all preference, then again that's why boss gives you options! Either way your local boss dealer will most-likely let you try out both...
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  4. 90w250mm

90w250mm Member
    from indiana

i prefer to plow with a manual transmission so i really like the handheld much better, now with that being said I have plow with automatics and i still prefer the handheld ESPECIALLY on the v-plows. I would not mind running a joystick on a straight blade, just my .02
  5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I prefer the joystick, always in the same spot and less movement on the wires is less wear and tear. JMO. The biggest part is finding a comfortable spot for it. The window mount is perfect for me. Arm on the door one hand on the steering and shift.

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

I could not of said it better myself. :drinkup: