1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss controller wiring extension.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by emmert35, Dec 5, 2011.

1. emmert35

emmert35 Junior Member

I recently just bought a 9.2 vxt poly plow. on my truck i ran the wiring harness to the passenger side of the truck due to tight area in my new truck and the fuse box was located on the passenger side. After doing this I realized that I dont have a lot of wire left for my controller to sit on my lap and when i hold it, it kinda wants to spring back...does anyone know if they make an extension harness for the controller plug? Ive looked online and can not find anything about it...

thank you!

2. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

What you could do in cut all the wires and add a 2-3foot wire for each with crimp connectors. Not sure of the AWG of wire but I would think 18-20 would be fine. So you would need 9x 2 feet=18 feet of wire and 18 crimp connectors. Might cost you $5. To get a plug and play extension cord you could buy MSC09615 from ESI and add the same connector in the truck to the end if you can find it and the pins inside it or a sliced version ready to go. Maybe ESI has these made up already. I'd buy one if they are out there. Otherwise I'm probably going to do the first method.

3. emmert35

emmert35 Junior Member

Hey, thanks for your help. Your right, the first method would be the easiest/cheapest but it's gonna be hard taking side cuts to that wire lol. Thank you again for all your help and hope you have a great Christmas!

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Don't hack up a perfectly good harness. :gunsfiring:

Head over to your local Radio shack and pick up a 274-239 and 274-229 connector for $5 for the pair and join them together with the length of wire you need between the harness plug and the controller plug. Easy. Thumbs Up

5. jklawn&Plow

Got the last 4 connectors at Radio shack for 2.79 ea. Going to make up two extension cords, . They came with the pins ready for crimping. Thanks for the advice, a much better solution.

6. FarNorth

FarNorth Junior Member

I just made an extension cable for my Boss Plow. The Molex connectors weren't that hard to find, but the 9 conductor wire was. I borrowed the special crimping tool needed for the connectors. It made that job much easier. I really think the Boss company should offer an extension cable as it looks like lots of us need or use them.

7. jklawn&Plow

I agree $19.99 6 ft extension cord seems fair.

8. emmert35

emmert35 Junior Member

thanks for all the input! I agree, I think Boss should offer something like this. I could almost guarntee that were not the only people that are looking for something like this.

Merry Christmas everyone!