1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss controller / Fisher

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 06HD BOSS, Sep 29, 2006.

1. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

I really like the joystick, but have the handheld control. Ive been trying to find someone to trade but no luck. lol The boss joystick is huge! My question is, does anyone know, if i picked up a fisher joystick would it have the necessary wires to hardwire it into the boss harness? I think that'd be cool if i could use that little joystick on a dash mount for the Boss.
  2. Rbronkema psfd

Rbronkema psfd Member

I don't know about mixing controllers like that but what I did was mount the joystick on my center counsal. I took one of the peaces of hardware that came with the controller and mounted it. If you page through your owners manual they have a few different options for you. Otherwise you could go on ebay or to your dealer and ask to trade?. just giving you some other ideas to play aroud with.
  3. 06HD BOSS

Thanks Ryan. The other truck with the joystick is mounted like yours. Also i talked to the dealer about trading but he said not on electrical parts. And all i seen on ebay is the V-joystick. I just wish the boss joystick was smaller and easier to mount.
  4. JT Contracting

JT Contracting Junior Member

I was just browsing on ebay and there is a joystick control, ends on oct 8th.

boss controller/ fisher

You would not be able to adapt a fisher controller to the boss. The way the fisher controller activates the various solenoid valves is totally incompatible with the way the boss valve body does.

Adam Caron
    Parts Manager
    Wright Trailers
    Seekonk, Ma
  6. 06HD BOSS

Thanks Adam. Helpful info.
    Also now that i made a nice mount for my Boss one im kind of scratching the whole fisher adapting idea.
  7. dartman

dartman Junior Member
    from ct

controller swap

Putting a fisher controller on a boss to me would be like wiring a rorary phone to your cell, just my opinion.