1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss controler problems

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by payton, Jan 20, 2007.

1. payton

payton Senior Member

on my hand hanlded control im not getting power. is there a fuse block in line fuse that i could check or what else should i check?

2. payton

payton Senior Member

never mind i had an attack of the dumbass this morring. i think i need some more sleep.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Those dam on buttons always get in the way.:D :D

4. BobC

BobC Senior Member

I don't have that problem!!!! (I never remember to turn it off!!!! On for 2 years no problem!!!)

5. payton

payton Senior Member

it was a wiring issue. but stupidly simple. i check the inline fuse from the fuse block and it was good. but i didnt double check to see if the wire was connected still to the fuse block. i had my dash apart a week or so ago. and pulled the wire out. but with very lil sleep i had a tendcy to over react.

payton

6. contractor078

contractor078 Senior Member

hope some one can help me i have the same issue no power to my controller checked all fuses under the hood and they all looked good there are only 4? is that correct? they were all good. not sure what i am missing. i was going to give the dealer a call but thought i would check with you guys first....any thoughts.

thanks

7. az landscaping

az landscaping Member
    from mass

Had the same problem and it was one of the relay's . I was told the relay's had nothing to do with it but found out it doe's . Mine has four relay's and i think it was the first one. There little black boxes under the hood.

8. contractor078

good thought...i think that i will be taking it to the dealer to have them check it out. I was not sure. i am diffidently the type that would try to fix it my self. But this baby is still under warranty so i don't want to do more damage than good. I know that i have good contact cleaned all that and nothing. have plenty of time before the season again just hoping that some people out there wiser than me can help me out.

thanks ussmileyflag

9. contractor078

any one else out there have any other thoughts on what this could be??

10. contractor078

Solenoid question

okay just checked all fuses again and they are good. should i have have power on both sides of the solenoid? i am guessing that i should. wondering if this could be my problem? whats a new one sell for?

thanks