1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss BX12 Pusher

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by dodge2500, Jul 31, 2010.

1. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

Anyone know what the price will be for the new Boss BX-12 pusher?

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

A million bajillion dollars!

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Probably around 5 grand or so.

4. Mark Klossner

Mark Klossner Sponsor

I think you will find the BX-12 very competitively priced gents. It will not be priced like on the cheaper,simpler box plows, because that's not what it is.

5. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

My local Boss Dealer gave me a quote for $5490

6. Mark Klossner

Mark Klossner Sponsor

Deckscapes - what are your thoughts on that price?

7. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

I actually am waiting to see the BX12 in person, but if its built like all other Boss products I feel the price is extremely competitive

8. Mark Klossner

Mark Klossner Sponsor

Deckscapes -

You can count on the fact that its built like the other BOSS products -- we wouldn't put it out there unless it was! Let us know when you get a look --
    Also - if you're interested there is some test video of the BX-12 on our YouTube Channel -- just go to bossplow.com and go to the bottom of the screen and click on YouTube.

9. Mark Klossner

Mark Klossner Sponsor

Hi Guys
    I'd like to address another thing about our BX-12 videos. You will notice on our YouTube Channel that there are videos showing the BX-12 plowing both snow and dirt, as well as other demonstrations. The reason for this is simple - we test our products all year long. Dirt and gravel are even harder on a plow than snow - and we learn many lessons from pushing these materials as well. We want to stress the plows as much as possible, because we want to see where they need to be stronger. These are not professionally-shot videos, but simply engineering videos, showing you what happened when it happened.
    We know that in many cases, during the "heat of battle" in mid-winter, some larger contractors need to use temporary help to get their contracted work done -- that means inexperienced people driving big loaders with box plows -- and they absolutely PUNISH the equipment. The ask from these contractors was simple: design this box plow to be tough and easier to use for inexperienced operators. The bottom line: you never know what these guys are going to hit in the winter! And we want to make sure that we beat these plows up BEFORE you do -- for fewer surprises and more durability.

10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Saw this push box today at our county fair. Jury is still out on it. Your trip edge has just regular springs on it. If I can break them on my v plow with just plowing I'm not sure they'll hold up to heavy plowing. And that trip edge bar you have inside the push area looks like it's cerack the place and bolts holding it on.

This is my opinion on my first look.

11. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I agree with the trip springs. The daniels plows have much larger springs. Don't get me wrong I'm a boss guy thru and thru, but I personally think those springs seem a little small for that 12 foot box.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  12. Mark Klossner

Mark Klossner Sponsor

Thanks for the input guys, we appreciate it. I'll forward your comments on to our Engineering Department. And I'll return any comments they have.

13. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Few pixs from the fair.

boss box.jpg

boss box2.jpg

boss box3.jpg

boss box4.jpg

boss box5.jpg

14. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Hmmm.... neat. Initial results should be interesting.

15. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

It looks very nice. Depending on the success of this model, are there plans in place for skid steer models and other sizes?? I think offering the skid steer model would open up a much larger market for you guys with these pushers as there seem to be more smaller contractors that have skid steers rather than large backhoes.

16. Mark Klossner

Mark Klossner Sponsor

Collin -- Skid-steer sized models are being researched right now.

17. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

after watching some viedos, it can deff take an ass kicking and a half!!!!! i would buy one if i ever needed it!

18. Mark Klossner

Mark Klossner Sponsor

We wouldn't have put our name on it unless it could!

19. Snubber

Snubber Junior Member

How are these boxes holding up? Any plans for a skid plate for this model or progress on a smaller unit?

20. Mark Klossner

Mark Klossner Sponsor

Hi Snubber
    From all indications, the BX-12s are holding up well out in the field. In terms of smaller units for skidsteers -- stay tuned!Thumbs Up