1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss BX10 Pusher

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ffrummelhoff, Dec 30, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ffrummelhoff

ffrummelhoff Junior Member

I was wondering if anyone is have the same problems with boss pushers as we are. We bought 3 of these pushers last year because they were reasonably priced. The end of the first year we had 2 of them the wore out the adjustment shackle for the trip edge and trip edge was like new. So I called our local boss dealer and after about 3 weeks they warranty the shackles and pins. Well that did me no good cause holes were ground off. At the start of the new season boss recalled the trip edges and replaced all the trip edges. This was great. We then wore out the shoes (witch were free floating) and the new ones have 3 bold holes so you are suppose to adjust them as your cutting edge wears down( Pain in the butt) and they do not last long so after about 6 storms when you change cutting edge you have to replace the shoes too. Talked to boss and long story short told me they were paper weights. ( Bad new design). So just last week in the last storm all the welds broke off where the trip edge mounts. So know I looked at the other one and there are 3 on that one broke. Just trying to figure out if we have bad luck or if boss is just turning to junk. I am a huge boss plow fan but this has me hating Boss now and no one wants to help us with this junk.
    Thanks in advance

2. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Post some pics I bought one this year haven't used it yet but want to see what to look for

3. ffrummelhoff

I will try to get some pictures on Monday and post them

4. brasski

brasski Member

I bought 1 last year and have had 0 problems with it but its not the BX model its a SK model. We liked it so much I bought another one this year. Ours work great for us and can't beat the price.

5. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

What's the difference between the bx and sk
    I bought brand new this year model

6. brasski

brasski Member

As far as I know they don't make the BX anymore so you bought old stock. My new one last year was a SK and so is the new one I just bought.

7. Ajlawn1

Ajlawn1 Senior Member

I run a BX12, BX10, BX8, and two SK10's. We mainly use them for subs or on properties that don't need Arctics. The BX10 after last years season I loaded up to take back at the end of the year and noticed the two rods running from trip edge up holding the springs was totally ground down to where the pins at any moment where going to be next. So a little more pushing and it would of fell apart for sure. It was still cleaning fine. I said something to Boss this year at SIMA about it and they stated he would send me parts, well that was months ago and nothing yet... I asked why they didn't come with a cutting edge in the first place, he stated to keep price and weight down... Weight really I said on a skid? Just don't understand why they say wear down the trip edge then add an edge... But all the BX's are 4 years old and never had any issues with others worn edges or shoes that fast. I think they just changed the BX to SK as the boxes are pretty identical. SK for skid steer and LDR for Loader possibly?

8. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

we have some of both, bx and sk.. sk came out 2014.. so any BXs are only produced up until maybe first couple months of 2014..

We had an 8ft and two 10ft bx boxes, all started wearing into the rods, because of the alignment, the edge was manufactured at the wrong angle, Boss gave us replacements under warranty. I realized you can ajust the rods though to compensate for some of it, before you wear the rods out too. Havn't put the new ones on yet just picked them up last week.

9. ffrummelhoff

On your guys shoes to do you have the ones that slide up and down or have different wholes for different heights?

10. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

SK owner here with no problem except a wearing trip edge after one season. Adjusted the shoes to the middle hole to start this season, but now have about 1/2" of new trip edge extending down past the shoes, I cant see that lasting long, nor does it sit flat on the ground

11. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

Ajlawn1,

I apologize that you did not receive the parts you requested at the SIMA show. Please contact BOSS Technical Support and ask for Gordie. He will help you out. He can be reached at 800-286-4155 option #2.

Thank you!

12. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

I'm a little disappointed in the SK 10' pusher. I guess you get what you pay for. It's a decent pusher for the money but like many others have said it doesn't scrape great and seems to never be flat on the ground. I don't have any of the larger loader models but I heard that don't have these issues because of the slip hitch. I haven't spoken with anyone who has talked negatively about the loader models.

I don't understand why Boss can't make a few changes to the skid models even it raised the price some. It wouldn't take much to make this a good scraping pusher.

13. redclifford

redclifford Senior Member
    from Niagara

I bought 2 new boss 10' last year. Sold both of them and bought 2 new 10' metal please live edge this year. The boss pushers did OK but they were not what I expected. I have friends who like them and also friends that can't stand them and think there a waste of money...to each there own

14. Ramairfreak98ss

I believe all of them slide up and down, not seperate holes, i guess im going to have to check!

15. brasski

brasski Member

Older BX models slide new SK models have 3 holes for adjustment.

16. Ramairfreak98ss

how much is the new trip edge, it takes a bit to remove and replace thats for sure.

17. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Ours went bye bye and were replaced with Arctics that we bought used. It was a lesson well learned not to replace a sectional edged pusher with a solid edge. We were running Arctic boxes before we bought the Boss ones.

Metal Pless Liveboxx's next year...