1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Bx10 impression

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by gd8boltman, Jan 7, 2015.

1. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

Bought another pusher this year and thought the boss provided a good value overall. I really like a lot of the features but it seems to not do well with hard pack. Glides up and over and will not bite in. anyone else experiencing this?

2. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I have a b10 that I really like. It scrapes much better than a rubber edged box but you are right, it does not scrape hard pack very well.

3. Robinson_Cnst

Robinson_Cnst Senior Member

Same issue here. Has anyone added the replacement cutting edge in front of the stock edge and set it a little lower than the shoes?

4. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

We didn't do that, but we adjusted the shoes up enough that the edge was just a little bit lower and it didn't make much difference. Not being able to change the angle of the moldboard like an Arctic, or having the smaller floating edges like a Liveboxx kill them.

5. rob_cook2001

My boss b12 scrapes better. The floating wings really help

6. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

Unfortunately we needed a ten foot.thank you for the feedback

7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I've been told this helps...but its a minimal improvement.

8. Robinson_Cnst

Robinson_Cnst Senior Member

Did you add the replacement edge to your 8' yet? I know the guy at Chambana said that you are supposed to bolt the new edge to the existing trip.

JohnDeere i thought about adjusting the shoes also. wasn't sure if it was worth the hassle.

9. snocrete

snocrete Banned

^^^I don't think that would do anything, but prematurely wear the fronts of the skis...I think modifying the skis so they float, would possibly work though..?..it may wear out edges a lot faster, but may allow it to "cut" better..?..waiting for someone else to try first lol

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  10. rob_cook2001

I wish boss would make the wings float like the do on the backhoe/loader boxes.

11. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Not impressed with how they scrape compared to Arctic snow pusher side by side on the same lot.