1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss BX-12 pusher

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PTSolutions, Sep 29, 2010.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

had some mower trouble so stopped to drop it off at my power equipment dealer and they had this beast in the lot, just came off the truck.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. PTSolutions

3. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

if only it was or came in 10' id be all over that

4. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

What makes it better than the others?

5. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Its a boss.... DUH lol

Looks like a pretty nice pusher, I agree would love to see one in a 10ft.
    Robert

6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I'm ordering one in a week or two. I like the fact its a trip spring system, the sides move as well and it fits a smaller loader or a backhoe. Nice to see it in person so to speak, it looks like a beast. Its good to see what I need to put together,lol

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I bet Boss will put a hurt on them Sectional Snow Pushers. I'm suprised they don't make a 10' modle.

8. PTSolutions

its definitely built heavy, as you could see in the youtube vids with the boulders. i like the 4 section trip edge design along with the floating endplates which look to be quick attach style.

i also wish they made a 10' unit for a skid steer.

9. JpLawn

JpLawn Senior Member

Does it have a slip hitch like the sectional plow?

10. Brian Young

On their web site it looks like it does but looking at the actual picture it looks like a solid mount. Maybe Pro can comment, but I didnt see the mounting hardware anywhere in the pics.

11. PTSolutions

thats the thing, i didnt see the actual mounting units anywhere. just those backing plates attached to the plow itself.

12. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

Nice Pics! Looks well built. A 10ft direct mount would be awesome. I dont like the idea of chaining it up. I assume boss will release more models eventually, or at least I hope so.

13. Brian Young

I went back to their web site and watched the you tube videos and the backhoe was moving up and down quite a bit but the box remained on the ground......sweet!

14. JpLawn

JpLawn Senior Member

I watched it too. Its definitely got a slip hitch. At the end of the backhoe video they put it down on the ground and you can clearly see the hitch move. To bad they don't make a 10 ft box. Maybe next year.

15. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Did you guys notice in the boss youtube vidoe's they have the two different support groves in the side plates. Then they have two of the same in the pics ProTouch posted. In the video the right hand one has a vertical grove while the left hand plate has a horizontal groove like the pics. Just wondering why they would have two different styles.

16. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

I do believe the descrepency is that some of the video is of a prototype and taken during testing. Late last season I saw one of these at one of our local commercial lots---unmarked, obviously being field tested. It too had the vertical/horizontal designs. Boss does EXTENSIVE testing and I believe that the particular plow shown was comparing the two designs for reliability/performance.

17. tbrownell

tbrownell Member

look near the end of this vid and you will see the slip mount

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KYMr3dJ-myY?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KYMr3dJ-myY?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

18. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Ok that video of them ramming that large rock a full speed was pretty funny!!!!! Hats off to the Boss pusher! How much does one of those go for? I saw one at the MGIA snow show looked nice but also looked costly. It reminds me of the old blizzard video of the SS models being used in the dirt! LOL!

19. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

$4500
    12' only this year, expect more next
    Boss was going to buy Sectional and well they didn't they made a better mouse trap.
    Slip hitch for sure
    My dealer has had the horizantal and vertical movements it is just the prototype unit they will only have horizontal slides.

Great units....expect all you can image in near future!