1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss broke this morning

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by secret_weapon, Dec 17, 2007.

1. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

This happened to me this morning:angry:
    I was down for 4hours repairing this. I welded it back together, so should be good now.
    Looked like the welds were cracked/broken for a while, cause there's no shiny spot where the welds are.
    I was stacking snow when the A frame broke, when I backed up and tried to angle, the plow seemed like it was binding. Which is because both angle cyl's were extended all the way out

While I'm in there, i'm putting in new bolts too!

2. secret_weapon

I guess I should have taken pics of the repair, but I was too angry and in a hurry to get it fixed, I just didn't think about it.
  3. 6feetdeep

6feetdeep Senior Member

breakdowns always suck!:cry:
    how old is the plow?
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I was going to ask the same question.. you can clearly see by the pics that the welds on the spacer tube were definitely broke for at least a little while before it finally pushed out through the nose piece..

I have seen/heard of a couple of straight blades doing this exact same thing but I wouldn't call it super common... and I haven't heard anything about Boss being aware of it being a run of defect's or a widespread problem..

Might be hard to tell by the pics but it looks like it didn't have enough weld on it when it was built..
  5. secret_weapon

The weld was definitely broken for a while before it came apart. There was not a clean spot of metal it. Rusty all the way around.

Plow is 4 yrs old.

It is kinda weird that there wasn't much weld on there to begin with.