1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Bright light problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by J & M, Jan 3, 2015.

1. J & M

J & M Junior Member
    from Mi

Bought a used 2012 power vxt I removed it from a 06 Sierra 1 ton and put it on my 04 sierra 2500hd. There are 5 relays and the red/white wire is hooked to the red/white. My problem is I blow both high beam fuses like a dead short as soon as I put them in with or with the plow hooked up. The only time they don't blow is if I unhook the plow harness and hook up the truck factory harness back into the truck lights. Talked to the guy I bought it from and said he never had a problem which I do believe him. Lost what am I overlooking

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Try the boss website, and look up the wiring diagram.
    And maybe try the boss section.

3. J & M

J & M Junior Member
    from Mi

I have checked it out and printed the wire diagram even took pictures as I removed it from the 06. Low beam work right and toggles correct from truck to plow

4. dieselss

IS your trk a pos switched light or neg?

5. J & M

J & M Junior Member
    from Mi

Positive I believe its a 04

6. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Call the Boss Tech Line.

7. dieselss

Ok what about his?
    And I thought I did read that boss has a configuration plug as well, can be plugged in one of two ways,,,,Ck the boss thread on this one

8. J & M

J & M Junior Member
    from Mi

The only wire I didn't remove myself was the brown wire that goes to the neg post of the battery. Was able to remove the solenoid without taken any wires off except the short battery wire

9. J & M

J & M Junior Member
    from Mi

Thx for your replies yes I did read something about the A and B connecters believe that it was talking about the big plow harness behind the head lights..the colors don't match up when hooked up unless it back feeds back into the plow harness like blue to blue