1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Blade Changes for 2001

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JoelPry, Aug 21, 2001.

1. JoelPry

JoelPry Junior Member

Hello all, I went to the dealer today and bought a new Boss 8' straight and thought you might all be interested in the new boss changes this year. The mounting pins are similiar but easier to engage, the smarthitch 2 is standard on superduty straight and all v's. No more getting into the cab to lift the tower, its all done from the front. And one of the neatest things is the new lights, I really think boss has stepped ahead of everyone with their new lights. They are a new composite style with (2) stud mounting for more strength. They dont look cheesy though like meyers new style. Trust me they really look sharp, and you can get HID in them if you want. HID are what all the fancy BMW, etc. have now they kind of look purplish. I didnt get the HID but I bet they are pretty expensive. anyways thought you all might like to know
  2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Did you get the full trip or trip edge plow?
  3. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Congrats on the new plow!

I can't stand those HID lights. Whoever approved their use on vehicles obviously didn't look at them from the opposing traffic's point of view. I put my high beams on anybody that blinds me with them. They might look cool but boy do they blind the opposing traffic. Of course, maybe my eyes are just bad, but that's my opinion on them. Anybody else, or is it just me?
  4. JoelPry

JoelPry Junior Member

I went ahead and got the full trip, I dont think they make the trip edge with the poly blade.
  5. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

You are not alone. I don't like it when there is someone driving with HID on the opposite side of road coming toward me. Yeah they do looks cool but those HID lights drives me crazy.