1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BOSS ballast retaining kit MSC09845

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by gmcfan, Nov 3, 2007.

1. gmcfan

gmcfan Junior Member

I happened to see this in their new catalog. Does anyone know if this just came out this year or not? Does anyone know how much it costs? Has anyone had any experience with this product or know who else sells one similar or better or for less money? I just had a used 8 ft. straight blade installed on my 2001 GMC HD. Is this product worth buying? Thank you for all feedback. Also who has the best prices on timbrens??
  2. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

ya, i think that it's new this year. But i just made a little box out of a couple 2 x 6's. Don't waste your money.
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2007

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Yeah Its not worth it. With that on it will make it hard to take off the tailgate and still have the new ballast retainer on and still keep your sand bags in. Make sense, as alot of guys take there tailgates off in the winter. The 2x6's that turbo mentioned will work just fine.
  4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I just bought a set from Husky Spring in St. Cloud...cheapest I could find by about $20.
  5. gmcfan

gmcfan Junior Member

What was the actual price of the item from Husky Spring? Do they have a phone number and/or website? thanks
  6. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I want to say I paid $137...Dodge 1 ton diesel. They took about 15 minutes to install.
  7. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

ballast retainer

save your money the a neat but 4 2x4" and a couple screws laid out on your bed floor one at the front ,two down each wheel well ,one at the back . done been did scrap wood works fine . and you have a ballast retainer .
  8. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

"done been did scrap wood works fine" :drinkup:

Startin a little early?:D xysport
  9. ken119

ken119 Junior Member

I don't care who you are, that's funny!
  10. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

yea buddy

larry said to stay in the truck !