1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss backdrag blade

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by pkenn, Nov 15, 2009.

1. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

Hey guys "chris-r" turned my on to a guy in ma who makes great backdrag blades for boss plows inc trip edge. i had one done and it looks great!! if your in new england and need one send me a msg and ill get you his contact info.....he does fisher as well.

2. kdhuck

kdhuck Junior Member

does he do them for the v-plow

3. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Pics of the setup?

4. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

i dont know if he does a v plow....ill ask him. ill get pics up later today.

5. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

heres some pics,
    DSC_0481.jpg

DSC_0483.jpg

DSC_0481.jpg

DSC_0483.jpg

6. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I cant tell if he re-enforced the rib were the backdrag mounts, Ive seen that style of mounting before on Fisher plows (Almost all you see in my area) and the bolt through the rib eventually wore a big hole and broke the rib. If the rib is re-enforced it should be OK

7. jhg

jhg Junior Member
    from ma

can you post the info so i can look into getting one

8. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

508-928-1109-ask for paul

9. jhg

jhg Junior Member
    from ma

thanks for the number gave a call but have not heard back where is he located and what are the prices like

10. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

He is located in Blackstone MA,and i think it was $275-$300.

11. trevier

trevier Senior Member

I know this thread is 2 years old, just wondering if anyone had this done and if they like it, I have the same plow and man do I miss my back drag blade for my plow, thanks matt

12. gpshemi

gpshemi Member

Seems to me if you have the pivot bolt softer then the rib, wearing a hole through it shouldn't be an issue.

13. pkenn

pkenn Senior Member

2 years later and its still going strong!!

14. johnslawn

johnslawn Member
    from ma

I have same thing on my plow. works great. Welder in Gardner Mass made it. He is meticulous, added angle stock for support, small bump stops. Few other things. $$ was around $300.

15. SMillerHD

SMillerHD Member
    from IN

Do you have pics?

16. johnslawn

johnslawn Member
    from ma

sorry no pics. almost same as pics above

17. greyst1

greyst1 Member
    from 44720

I have a back drag blade for my v plow (not trip style/fixed) and it seems to work well. I never back dragged without it but i'm betting its works better with it on than off. I also runs shoes and i feel i get a good scrape with it on. I bought mine from backdragsnow.com, thought it was a little high but couldn't find anything else so it is what it is.

18. gpshemi

gpshemi Member

The guy at backdragblades.com says they'll come loose and tear up a truck, plus they don't work. LOL.

Since I'm a newbie, I'm not sure who to believe.I like the idea that this one floats and probably won't get material built up between the two blades. My buddy has a Western and that's his complaint with the fixed type.