1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss angeling backwards?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mrwolf, Dec 23, 2012.

1. mrwolf

mrwolf Senior Member

I bought a 7'6" super duty and only got to use it once. I bought it for a great price and it was not hooked up. I have a V touch pad controller and a joystick. On both of them when I angle right the plow goes to my left and vice versa. It does not really bother me but I am curious why this might be.

Thanks,

Z

2. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

Swap the wires at the valve.

3. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

If you're uncomfortable switching wires switch the angle hoses at the valve.

4. mrwolf

mrwolf Senior Member

AHHA! Thanks gents!!!

Z

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The hoses are likely the reason it's backward anyway. Someone installed them backward, but you can check that simply enough. Driver side hose goes on the angle fitting nearer to the driver side, and the same for the pass hose. If they're already correct then someone got the wiring at the coils on backward for whatever reason. And those are easy enough to swap around too.